March 30, 2023 — The Intellectual Property Office of the Philippines (IPOPHL) has once again given UP Manila the ITSO (Innovation and Technology Support Office) Platinum Award. This honor is given in recognition of the University's achievements in the promotion of intellectual property rights.
The University's achievements are the following:
• Filed more than 6 patent applications
• Successfully commercialized at least 1 technology
• Conducted at least 12 IP Foundation training courses
• Conducted at least 2 patent search training courses
• Conducted at least 1 patent drafting course
• Conducted at least 24 patent search services
UP Manila also received awards for the Gold, Silver, and Bronze categories in the previous years. (Read: University of the Philippines Manila bags Platinum Award recognition from the Intellectual Property of the Philippines)
Director Bienvenido S. Balotro and Engr. Kevin L. Ocampo of the Technology Transfer and Business Development Office received the award during a ceremony held on 28 March 2023.