The University of the Philippines Alumni Association (Singapore) Scholarship
The scholarship, which is being donated by the U.P. Alumni Association of Singapore, shall take effect in the first semester , 2006-2007.
An applicant for the scholarship shall have the following qualifications:
1. must be a bonafide student of the University of the Philippines System enrolled in any four-year course;
2. must be a freshman student who has qualified for admission; if already enrolled as a freshman, must have obtained an average grade of “2.5” or better and must have carried a load of at least 15 units with no grade of “5.00” or unremoved “4.0” or “inc.” in the semester immediately preceding the application;
3. must be enrolled in at least 15 units at the time of the award of of the grant;
4. must be financially needy (parents' annual gross income must not exceed P200,000.00)
5. must not have been the subject of any disciplinary action;
School fees as asse ssed but not to exceed P6,000 per semester Book allowance 1,500 per semester
Monthly stipend at P3,000 x 5 months 15,000 per semester
Transportation allowance P500 per month 2,500 per semester
TOTAL P25,000.00 per semester
(P50,000 per year)
The scholarship is renewable every semester until the recipient finishes his/her degree course, provided he/she satisfies the following conditions:
1. must have obtained an average grade of “3.0” or better for a load of at least 15 units with no grade of “5.0”. Any grade of “4.0” or “incomplete” must be removed or completed on or before the last day of registration of the following semester;
2. if the scholar fails to meet the average requirement or obtains a failing grade in the semester he/she is currently enrolled, the scholarship shall be “ipso” “facto” terminated. However, an awardee may be reinstated in the semester immediately following the disqualification if he/she meets the requirements stated in C (1,3 & 4) during the period he/she was disqualified; Reinstatement will be allowed only once.
3. Must not have been the subject of any disciplinary action;
4. must not shift to another course or go on leave of absence without prior approval form the Office of Scholarships and Student Services. In the event the scholar goes on an approved leave of absence after he/she has collected her/his benefits, that period shall be counted in his/her scholarship term. If the scholar shifts to another course, he/she must finish the course within the prescribed normal length of time based on the original course.
D. OTHER CONDITIONS:
1. Scholarship does not cover summer classes.
2. In the event the donor decides to discontinue the scholarship, the existing scholar shall be supported until graduation or unless disqualified from the grant for failure to meet the terms for the renewal of the grant.
The donor shall remit to the University the amount of P25,000.00 in June and P25,000 on October of each academic year for the duration of the grant.
The Office of Scholarships and Student Services shall administer the scholarship grant.