Students' Emergency Loan Fund (SELF)
The Students’ Emergency Loan Fund (SELF) is a UPM loan program managed by the OSA. It is open to all bonafide UPM students, especially those who are STFAP grantees. It is intended to assist students pay for their tuition and other fees, as well as, their book needs.
The SELF is a CASH LOAN. The maximum amount of the loan is P10,000 per student per
semester, with a 6% interest per annum deducted immediately from the total amount loaned,
and payable in full or several installments before the end of the semester. However, the
maximum amount for Book Loans is P5,000 per student per semester.
Guidelines for SELF Application:
- A bonafide student of UPM, preferably STFAP grantees belonging to Brackets C (P600 per academic unit) and D (P300 per academic unit)
- Must NOT BE a grantee of the UPM Development Foundation Enrollment Program or a grantee of more than two (2) existing loan programs in the UPM, whether at the university or college level, and regardless of funding source (private or public).
- With no unpaid loan in UPM.
1. Secure and submit application form at the OSA with the following:
- Notarized promissory note signed by a parent or guardian and endorsed by any one of the following: Faculty Adviser/ Program Adviser/Department Chairperson, occupying a regular item at UPM
- Certification from the College of the applicant’s loan status, i.e. whether the applicant is a recipient or not of any loan program in the College
- Registration Form (Form 5) iv. 1 x 1 photo
- (For Book Loans only) Submission of registered FORM 5.
2. Present the approved application form to the Accounting Office for verification.
- (FOR TUITION LOANS) Return approved application form to OSA for the release of the SELF FORM NO. 1-A and submit this form to the Cash Division for recording and corresponding action on the student’s FORM 5.
- (FOR BOOK LOANS) Return approved application form to OSA for the completion of accounting requirements. The student will be notified once the check for the approved loan is ready for release at the Cash Division.
- (FOR COMBINATION OF TUITION AND BOOK LOANS) Return approved application form to OSA for the release of the SELF FORM NO. 1-A for the Tuition Loan and submit this form to the Cash Division for recording and corresponding action on the student’s FORM 5.
For the Book Loan, the student will be notified once the check is ready for release at the Cash Division.
3. The Cash Division will provide OSA with a list of all vouchers paid to students under the SELF, including total amount granted and date of release of loan to determine the corresponding interest to be collected from the student.
4. All payments for the SELF will be coursed through the responsible OSA staff who will prepare the statement of account of each SELF grantee.
5. The loan should be fully paid before the end of the semester the loan was given. Non-payment of the loan will bar the student from registering the succeeding semester with the non-issuance of the registration forms.