No student shall be denied admission to the University by reason of age, sex, nationality, religious belief or political affiliation.
Every applicant for admission shall undergo a thorough health examination. No person shall be admitted to this University found by the University Health Service to be with a dangerous, communicable, contagious or infectious disease or who is physically unfit to take the courses in any college of the University.
The entrance requirements for each course shall be prescribed by the faculty of the college offering the course and approved by the University Council and the President of the University.
1. Through UPCAT (http://upcat.up.edu.ph/)
Graduates of accredited high schools may be admitted as freshmen into the University of the Philippines on the following bases: (1) their performance in the UP College Admissions Test (UPCAT); (2) their weighted average in the first three years of high school and; (3) their choice of UP Campus and the quota set for specific course/colleges/units set by the respective Deans.
2. PEPT Certificate Holders
Holders of the Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT) certificated in lieu of a high school diploma may be admitted tothe University as new freshmen provided they pass the UPCAT.
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO CONFIRM YOUR DECISION TO ENROLL IN THE UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES MANILA
You have to confirm your intention to enroll at the University of the Philippines Manila (UPM) for the First Semester of every Academic Year. Failure to inform the Office of the University Registrar of UP Manila within the specified confirmation period will result in the cancellation of your slot.
Confirmation Period: For the latest, please visit the OUR site (http://our.upm.edu.ph/)
You may confirm your decision to enroll either through:
1. Personal Confirmation:
- Fill out and return the enclosed UP Form C1 or
- Fax to (02) 5240534
2. Confirmation via e-mail:
- The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org Your confirmation by email must include the following:
- Student number
- Degree program you intend to enroll in
- Updated contact numbers (cellphone or landline numbers)
3. Confirmation Online via Internet:
- Go to URL http://freshman.up.edu.ph and log in using your assigned student number and PIN indicated in your admission notice. Please update your landline telephone number and cellphone number. Specific instructions will be found in the website. Please be guided accordingly.
4. Confirmation through mail:
- Mailing address is:
Office of the University Registrar
UP Manila, Padre Faura cor. Orosa Streets, Ermita, Manila 1000
(fast delivery/courier service)
Academic Calendar 2018-2019: https://www.upm.edu.ph/sites/default/files/Approved%20UP%20Academic%20Calendar.%202018-2019.pdf
For more information visit or contact: