To be the country’s recognized authority in health research and development and the key source of critical health information for national development in the Philippines and Southeast Asia.
To be a major resource center for health research and capacity-building using the framework “Partnership for Better Health”.
To achieve the vision-mission of the institution, the National Institutes of Health:
- a. promotes science and technology research and development in health;
b. promotes the development of study groups and research programs;
c. establishes mechanisms for the dissemination and utilization of research outputs;
d. complements graduate programs and faculty research human resource training in the university;
e. ensures that the results of health research and development activities are utilized to improve the health of people
The mission of being a major resource center for health research and capacity building is pursued using the framework of “Partnership for Better Health”, and more specifically through the following:
- 1. Influence policy makers in the enactment of health laws, policies and guidelines which improve delivery of quality health program;
2. Provide health organizations relevant health research and development and improve their health service delivery;
3. Contribute to the enhancement of medical knowledge and improve the practices of health care professionals;
4. Develop the capabilities of health researchers and health research institutions;
5. Promote the health awareness and improve the health-seeking behavior of the Filipino people;
6. Spearhead the research on essential national health issues and concerns;
7. Lead in the formulation of national health research agenda; and
8. Become a recognized authority in health research and development.